I'm a mathematician, and I make things

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Family of toys 2

The next thing on my to-do list was the stacking rings. I've already shown you one version. But here's the set for this family:
To go with them, I also made these stuffed animals. 


I found these patterns on some Swedish or Russian website that I could no understand at all, and google translate couldn't really, either. So I just printed out the pictures and did it myself. I put interfacing on one side, cut out two right sides together about 1/4" away from the edge of the pattern. I sewed the eyes and other facial features on first, then sewed the two pieces together. Obviously, I learned how to make the eyes and mouth a little more cute and less creepy on the second try. The tails are made out of shoe strings that I had bought for another project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment