I'm a mathematician, and I make things

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Winter weather means lots of crafting

I came home from buying more craft supplies today...
and I realized that I probably have bought/started/planned approximately 20 projects.

So here's a few that are actually in the process:

1) Woven fabric rug.
Big Lots has jelly rolls for $7. I'm almost finished with it (finished picture to come later), and it looks like it will take around 2.5 jelly rolls.

2) Christmas photo holders.
I painted a couple of canvas boards with Christmas themes. Found some really cute string on sale at Michael's in the scrapbooking section. The giant button really sets it off. I need to find some more of those.
3) Boot cuffs.
Turns out these are pretty popular. A lot of my students and coworkers have bought some.
I'm having a hard time figuring out which are my favorites.
A skein of good yarn makes about 2 pair of cuffs. I have been using an I hook. The buttons came from a collection my mom and brother got from a dry cleaners that closed about 20 years ago.
4) Fingerless gloves.
Obviously, to match the boot cuffs.
 5) Nativity scenes.
12"x12" canvas. I found a nativity silhouette online and made it into a stencil. I've used a lot of the lyrics from "O Holy Night," because, let's face it, it's one of the greatest hymns...nay, songs...of all time.
 6) Other Christmas frames.
I bought a wood burner. It's a lot of fun.

Next goals:
1) Embossing glass--ornaments, candle holders, glasses, plates... Perhaps as Christmas presents. Depends on how it works.
2) Etching glass--maybe in conjuction with the embossing.
3) I have a king size quilt laid out on the floor of my guest bedroom just waiting to be sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment