I'm a mathematician, and I make things

Monday, August 13, 2012

Mercy

is one of my favorite songs right now by one of my favorite artists.
So, to commemorate--or rather, to have this very important verse where I can read it regularly--I decided to craft it.
Here's the process:

I picked out 4 different black and white pieces of scrapbook paper and 4 plaques of wood from JoAnn's and/or Hobby Lobby. Also, some Mod Podge, which is fantastic. Can Mod Podge be a verb? I Mod-podged the paper onto the plaques.
Found these at the Wal-Marts. They are repositionable (according to my computer spell check, that is not a word), which is quite handy with this task. A little hint I discovered: Don't use the stickers while the paper is still wet from the Mod Podge. It will pull the paper when you take the stickers off.
Stick on your stickers after your paper is dry.
Paint over and wait for it to dry.
I did about 2 lines at a time because I didn't have enough letters.
My dog, Jack, monitored my progress.
Peel off the stickers when it's dry.
I picked out a black & white ribbon that matched the feel of the background paper. Lined up the plaques with the spacing I wanted and taped down the ribbon. Then I staple-gunned the ribbon on top and bottom.
I found strands of stick-on pearls in the scrapbook section that I added as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment