I'm a mathematician, and I make things

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One week, two quilts (prequel)

I made two quilts in less than a week.
It was a little crazy.
But definitely worth it.


So, I have this best friend, and he has two of the most precious nephews ever (alongside my own five nephews). I had a week off during this ridiculously busy summer. I wanted to make them something.

Why?
Because making stuff for other people is one of the most therapeutic things in the world.
A) You aren't thinking of yourself, which is typically depressing.
B) You get to think about them and pray for them and smile.
C) You get to give someone a present.
D) See picture above.

It all started when my mom got a quilting machine for her birthday/anniversary, and then it didn't work, so I went with her to get it fixed. At a quilt shop. Where they sell quilting stuff. And patterns. And really awesome fabric.
So Mom graciously bought me some fabric and a really awesome pattern.

This block of fabric will be used for the back of Jackson's quilt

These strips all have puppy or alphabet themes for Cooper's quilt

So, I naturally turned my library into a sewing room.

I never quite realized how awesome my library is

Well, here goes nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment